Requirements for the Azerbaijan Tourist Visa
Before applying for an Azerbaijan e-Visa, you should be aware of the documents that will be required. The e-Visa application procedure may be completed entirely online. The prerequisites are listed below.
- A valid passport – To apply for an Azerbaijan visa, your passport must be valid for at least three months from the day your e-Visa expires. Your passport should also have at least two empty pages. You will be required to scan the biographical page of your passport and upload it.
- Details of your accommodation – You will need to include information about where you will be staying in Azerbaijan.
- Credit or debit card – A valid credit or debit card is required to complete your online application for an Azerbaijan visa. The card need not be in your name.
- Email address – You must enter a valid email address from which you may acquire your e-Visa.
Tourist Visa Options
The purpose of stay must be stated when applying for the Azerbaijan tourist visa online. The Azerbaijan visa is valid for 90 days in total. However, once you enter the nation, you must leave within 30 days. Once your application is approved you should have at least one printed copy to show at border control. You have two visa choices depending on the time period:
- Standard Visa – The Standard Visa is available in three business days. Make sure you have at least three business days before the dayyou wish to enter the country.
- Urgent Visa – If you need a tourist visa right away, you can apply for an Urgent Visa. You will obtain your visa within three hours after submitting your application.
Azerbaijan Tourist Visa Cost
The Standard Tourist Visa costs $25 and the Urgent Visa costs $65 in total. Since it is used to examine your application, the basic cost is non-refundable. You will not be awarded your visa unless you finish the payment for your e-Visa.
The Azerbaijan e-Visa is also subject to a service fee. As you fill out your e-Visa application form, you will receive an indication of how much you will have to pay in the end.
Information About Azerbaijan
Azerbaijan is one of the safest tourist destinations in the world and you can explore and discover new surroundings easily.
Baku is the capital and here you can find a wide range of shopping options including souvenir and antique shops, traditional bazaars, art malls, and designer boutiques. There is a 125g limit on exporting caviar and you will require an export certificate for art, antiques, and carpets.
It is helpful to know a bit of Azeri or Azerbaijan which is the official language and is widely spoken. English and Russian are also used. Most good hotels, cafes, parks, and restaurants, have access to Wi-Fi which is free to use. However, you may also obtain dongles to access the internet through 4G mobile services.
The currency in Azerbaijan is the manat (AZN). Cash is preferred in many parts of the country, however, you can pay by card in Baku and in other big cities. You can easily change currency as and when required and access the Mastercard or Visa ATMs that are in most cities.
Baku is the only city that has a metro rail system that operates from 6 am to 12 am. Buses and taxis are widely available throughout the country.